“Why Livigno?” you may ask. The Arc has searched high and low (mostly high) for the ideal location for The Arc. Here’s 10 reasons we think Livigno is so awesome, and why our 2019 participants in The Arc fell in love with Livigno:
- There’s off-the-hook skiing for days! Livigno has two mountains, Carosello 3000 and Mottolino and combining to deliver 30 lifts and over 110kms of on-piste skiing, plus endless valleys of lift-accessible off-piste terrain.
- Livigno provides unrivalled support for The Arc, meaning we’ve been able to lock down training opportunities that few other resorts in the world could offer, including:
- Dedicated Alpine Racing (GS) training lift, meaning more gate training in one day than you could normally achieve in a week (the Italian, Swiss and Finnish national teams often choose to train in Livigno)
- Access to multiple Skier-X courses of varying difficulty
- Dedicated, purpose-built Moguls course located next to a T-bar with short turnaround ensuring maximum laps with minimum downtime (snow dependent)
- Access to the Mottolino Snowpark, consistently voted Europe’s best terrain park.
- It’s perhaps the most enchanting Euro-style resort you could dream of, nestled deep in the Italian Alps. Its breathtaking scenery will have you gasping, and the pedestrian-only cobble-stone covered shopping strip has some of the best in Euro après, duty-free shopping, restaurants, bars and nightlife.
- Livigno’s high altitude (1,816 metres above sea-level) means snow is usually plentiful and dry, particularly in January and February.
- January weather patterns in the region usually deliver sunny, blue-sky days with cold temps – meaning perfect crisp snow conditions for training.
- Livigno has a massive lift capacity of 50,000 people per hour and the town’s max capacity is 13,000 – meaning that even in peak season lift queues are marginal. Add to that The Arc takes place in an off-peak time (January), you’re almost guaranteed short wait times.
- The high proportion of intermediate terrain with wide, open, above-the-tree line skiing is ideal for refining technique. It’s also perfect for family members of varying levels.
- There’s so much more to Livigno than just skiing. You can go fat biking, heli-skiing, ice climbing, snowmobiling, ice driving, huski sledding, horse riding, ice quad biking, paragliding, ice skating and more. Or spend a whole day at Aquagranda – one of Europe’s biggest active lifestyle centres with indoor pools, slides, gyms, spas, saunas, steam baths, relaxation rooms and a healthy-living cafe/restaurant.
- You can take easy day trips from Livigno to famous destinations like St Moritz and Bormio and its incredible thermal hot springs QC Terme Bagni Vecchi. In fact, The Arc arranges 2 x day trips for parents during each 2-week program: one to Bormio and one to St Moritz.
- A family holiday in the Italian Alps? Si si si! Culture, snow, incredible Italian food, wine, après, shopping – Livigno has it all!
Testimonials from 2019 participants of The Arc:
- The Arc scored a 10 out of 10 from us. We couldn’t have asked for more as far as coaching, care factor, empathy, understanding and fun. Olivia got a great all-round experience which benefited her skiing tenfold. Olivia didn’t want to leave, and I put a lot of that down to the exceptional team and program. Simon Clifford, parent
- Hands down our best family ski holiday ever. Our kids’ skiing progressed more in 2 weeks than we could have ever imagined. Scott Russell, parent
- The best thing about The Arc was being with other kids who loved skiing as much as I do. I also loved being able to improve my skiing with others who are supportive, friendly, and gave me a bit of a challenge. The Arc was something I enjoyed with all my heart, and I 100% recommend it to any kid that is considering it! Olivia Clifford, 12yr old participant of The Arc 2019