Wondering where to lock in your northern hemisphere ski holiday with your budding junior ski champs? The Arc Ski Development Program – Whistler is the ideal ski development program for families wanting to progress their kids’ racing skills, while enjoying a world-class destination with on-snow and off-snow activities galore for all the family.
Designed for budding ski racers (Alpine and Ski Cross), The Arc – Whistler is an alpine specific training program in collaboration with the renowned Whistler Mountain Ski Club (WMSC). Here are 10 reasons why you should secure your spot now in this exciting ski program.
- World-class coaching team including two-time Winter Olympian Jono Brauer (Australian National Team) and two-time Winter Olympian (Canadian National Team) Britt Janyk;
- The chance to train alongside WMSC athletes. WMSC is a premiere alpine training club with a large selection of Canadian National Team members and world-class coaches;
- A concentrated, tailored race program focusing on the development of the core skills required for successful racing in alpine and ski cross;
- 12 days of on-snow training (6 hours per day) per 2-week block with a maximum of 7 athletes per coach. Training will include comprehensive video analysis, a tailored progression plans for each athlete, end of program athlete report plus The Arc training jacket;
- Unrestricted access to the WMSC closed training piste on Whistler Mountain when training in the program;
- Dedicated Alpine Racing (GS) training piste for The Arc and WMSC:
- From resort open to close on nominated training days, The Arc athletes will have access to the Ptarmigan race arena on Whistler Mountain; and
- A variety of alpine freeskiing pistes, providing multiple variations in length and difficulty;
- Access to Skier-X courses of varying difficulty:
- The ability to utilise Whistler Blackcomb’s Ski X tracks (subject to conditions);
- Train at one of the largest and most exciting ski areas in the world, Whistler Blackcomb – offering over 200 marked runs, 8,171 acres of terrain, 16 alpine bowls and 3 glaciers combined plus an average annual snowfall of 1,170cm;
- While the kids train, the family can froth out on a family holiday like no other. Whistler Blackcomb, consistently voted a top North American resorts, has a massive assortment of on- and off-snow activities for all the family;
- A huge range of accommodation options in Whistler Blackcomb, from luxury hotel accommodation to condos, and from B&Bs to chalets;
- Streamlined booking process thanks to The Arc’s collaboration with Travelplan Ski Holidays. Contact Travelplan to arrange program registration, flights, accommodation and transfers.
The Arc – Whistler will run 21 January – 3 February 2017, and 4 February – 16 February with a choice of 2 and 4-week programs. Read here for more information about The Arc – Whistler. Or if you’re after a European escape, The Arc is also offering a program in the charming destination Livigno, Italy.
Spots are strictly limited, so be sure to register now.