Ever thought of your kids’ ski training over the Easter school holidays? The team at The Arc think it’s the perfect time of year to kick-start their ski legs before the Aussie winter. And in Whistler, the skiing is still great in April with glacier access as late as July.
Designed for budding ski racers, The Arc – Whistler is an alpine specific training program for children aged 10+years who want to progress their ski racing with world-class coaches.
Created by two-time Winter Olympian Jono Brauer, The Arc – Whistler will provide junior ski racers with exceptional and dedicated training opportunities:
- Unrestricted access to the WMSC closed training piste on Whistler Mountain
- Ability to train alongside the WMSC seasonal athletes. WMSC is a premiere alpine training club, boasting a large selection of Canadian national team members
- Access to one of the largest ski areas in the world, Whistler Blackcomb– offering over 200 marked runs, 8,171 acres of terrain, 16 alpine bowls and 3 glaciers combined plus an average annual snowfall of 1,170cm
- Dedicated alpine racing (GS) and ski cross training pistes for The Arc and WMSC:
- From resort open to close on nominated training days, access to dedicated training pistes in Whistler and/or Blackcomb
- A variety of alpine freeskiing pistes, providing multiple variations in length and difficulty
- Access to the Whistler-Blackcomb’s ski cross tracks (subject to conditions)
The focus of The Arc – Whistler is core skill development, in alignment with Ski and Snowboard Australia’s (SSA) current pathways framework for the development of the young skier. So while there will be plenty of in situ training (gates and ski cross courses), there will be a strong emphasis on developing the core skills of future ski champions.
Read here for more information about The Arc – Whistler. Spots are strictly limited for this alpine-specific program, so be sure to register now.
To stay up-to-date with all The Arc’s news, be sure to like our Facebook page.