Want to know all the things you can do during The Arc ski program in Livigno? Livigno is an adventure-mecca, with all the ingredients for an adrenalin-infused holiday plus all the perks of Italian culture, lip-smackingly delicious Italian food, shopping and wellness experiences for all the fam. Here’s our top things to do while visiting Livigno, tried and tested by The Arc’s team:
- Ski! Goes without saying that skiing is The Arc’s favourite thing to do in Livigno. Its high altitude, huge expanse of skiable terrain both on- and off-piste and massive lift system means skiing there’s a ridiculous amount of fun to be had on the sticks in Livigno. With 30 lifts and over 110kms of on piste skiing across the Mottolino and Carosello 3000 resort areas; both of which form part of the wider ‘Livigno’ ski resort, you’ll be spoilt for choice. The Arc’s team knows the mountains intimately and will be on hand to show you and your family the best spots to ski.
- Eat + drink: My, oh my. Italian food and wine is amazing at the best of times, but Livigno really excels. There are literally hundreds of cafes, restaurants and bars dishing up Italian food that needs to be tasted to be believed. And you won’t need to book weeks in advance or pay through the roof for it either, nor will you wake up with a sore head if you drink their cold-climate Italian reds.
- Après time! Think Eurovision tunes, lederhosen, Limoncello and a whole lot of Italian charm (and cheese?). Livigno’s après scene starts at some of the on-mountain restaurants from around noon and filters down through the village as the sun descends behind the peaks.
- Shop! Livigno is lucky to enjoy a special tax-free status meaning it’s become a shopping hotspot. Perfumes, shoes, bags, alcohol are all cheap, cheap, cheap!
- Invigorate: While Livigno’s subzero temps leave you no option but to feel alive, you can feel even more energised at Aquagranda – one of Europe’s biggest sporting/leisure/wellness centres. It has indoor pools, waterslides, gyms, day spas, saunas, steam rooms and a café/restaurant, located within Livigno village.
- Experience heaven on earth: Take R&R to the next level with a day trip to Bormio to the QC Terme Bagni Vecchi where you can rest your tired ski legs in 2,000 year old thermal hot springs. Roman baths, a grotto leading to a thermal spring and a panoramic outdoor pool overlooking Bormio’s Alps will perhaps be the highlight of your trip. Note: This is one of the optional additional experiences arranged by The Arc during the program for the grown-ups*.
- Mountain hut dinner and snowcat experience: Take a snowcat up to the Mottolino mountain hut Camanel di Planon and see the lights of Livigno sparkle below. Devour traditional Italian dishes while sipping on the finest local vino around.
- Sunrise skiing + gourmet brekkie on the hill: Be the first up the lifts and delight in the breath-taking sight of sunrise in the Italian Alps. Oo, la la. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast at the top then make first tracks as the mountains and village wake up for the day. Note: This is one of the experiences The Arc’s team has arranged for all the family to do during the program*.
- Day trip to St Moritz: Visit perhaps the most stylish, elegant and classy resort in the world, St Moritz – just an hour’s drive from Livigno in the Engadin Valley. Choose to ski, or just meander around the village and hit the shops. Cheese fondue for lunch, anyone?Note: This is one of the optional additional experiences arranged by The Arc during the program for the grown-ups*.
- Fat bike! Livigno has embraced the fat biking trend by creating a 20km groomed cycle path. A must-do experience for all the fam is fat biking at night to a rustic farmhouse-style restaurant. Needless to say the ride back down to the village is the best part!
- Sleg dog: Another must-do for every visitor to Livigno, you can lead your own team of huskies on a sled dog adventure with Husky Village Sleddog! With the supervision of skilled instructors, learn the art of driving a sled with the well-trained, insanely adorable huskies.
- Paraglide above the Alps: Get the ultimate birds’ eye view! With Sky Experience, you will soar over the slopes and backcountry of Livigno. The best way to take your trip to the next level.
And these are just some of the things you can do in Livigno. Add quad biking, ice driving, heli-skiing, Nordic skiing, ice climbing, ice skating and day-tripping to places like St Moritz and you’ll have one unbelievable family holiday!
*Please note, an additional costs apply for these optional experiences.